Bulletin 59 - November 11/November 24, 2003
November 11/November 24, 20033
St. Menas, Greatmartyr and St. Stefan of Decani
For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
· Nine people attended Divine Liturgy on November 15, 2003.
· According to the Calendar of the St. Herman of Alaska Brotherhood, Western Diocese of the Serbian Orthodox Church, today the Serbian Orthodox Church celebrates the Synaxis of of the Saints of Decani. Great Martyr Stephen-Urosh III of Decani, Serbia(1331). Blessed Euthymius and Nestor of Decania (14th c.). St. Neophytus and St. Uroshitsa of Serbia (14th c.). St. Militsa, princess of Serbia (1405).
· God continues to bless the existence of Holy Trinity Mission.
· We must be mindful of our daily responsibilities to live as Orthodox Christians.
· The Nativity Fast begins November 28 and continues to the Divine Liturgy on the Feast of the Nativity on January 7. The Mission will benefit if each parishioner honors the entire fast.
· Each parishioner benefits when he or she is conscious of the daily calendar of the Church, reading the daily Scripture readings and becoming familiar with the lives of the saints or the feasts being celebrated.
· Doing charitable works is part of life for the believing Christian.
· Thank you to Russell Hardaway for helping with installation of the partition in the chapel.
· Thank you to each parishioner helping with the bake sales this past and current week.
The abbot Daniel used to say, "Even as the body flourisheth, so doth the soul become withered: and when the body is withered, then doth the soul pour forth leaves." Again, he said, "Insomuch as the body is cherished, so doth the soul wax lean: and when the body hath grown lean, then does the soul wax fat."