Bulletin 63 - January 7/20, 2004
January 7/20, 2004
Synaxis of St. John the Baptist
Then the churches throughout all Judea, Galilee, and Samaria had peace and were edified. And walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, they were multiplied.
· Twelve people came for Divine Liturgy on January 3, 2004. One communicant.
· Thank God for the continued improved attendance at the Mission.
· Thank God for the faithful coming regularly during the history of the Mission.
· Thank God we have been able to have services with consistency.
· St. Sava is celebrated on January 27. We will have our St. Sava Program in conjunction with our next service.
· The Church is celebrating the Feast of Theophany at this time. Today the Church remembers St. John the Baptist.
· The baptism of Jesus Christ is remembered by the Church each year.
· St. John the Baptist is remembered each Tuesday during the year.
· The Holy Trinity was made manifest when Jesus was baptized in the Jordan. It is a special time for Holy Trinity Mission.
The abbot Mathois said, "The nearer a man approaches to God, the greater sinner he sees himself to be. For the prophet Isaiah saw God, and said that he was unclean and undone."