Bulletin 65 - January 27/February 9, 2004
January 27/February 9, 2004
Translation of the relics of St. John Chrysostom
By this time we know that we abide in Him, and He is in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.
· Eleven people came for the Divine Liturgy on January 31.
· The St. Sava Program on January 31 was the first with a Kolac and Kolivo.
· Pray for the men and women serving in the military and their families.
· Faith and efforts to continue to build the Mission are necessary.
· A regular schedule of services is necessary.
· Thank you to each person taking time to come to the services at the Mission.
· Thank you to each person contributing in some way to the support of the Mission.
· The prayers of the Mission are important.
· Each parishioner of the Mission contributes to the Mission by bringing his or her life more into line with the ways of God.
· It is important to listen to God.
· There are times we find God in the silence we experience.
· It is important to stop at times and rest, looking for God in our midst.
· Giving thanks to God is always important.
· Great Lent is approaching.
· Let us use these days to prepare for the Lenten Journey.
· Remember our suffering brothers and sisters in Kosovo.
· An Orthodox Christian Radio Program can be heard Sundays at 12:15 PM on WMBS, Uniontown, Pa. 590 on the AM Dial.
The abbot Agatho said, "If an angry man were to raise the dead, because of his anger he would not please God."