Bulletin 67 - March 14 /March 27, 2004
March 14 /March 27, 2004
Saturday of the Akathist
And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.
· Five people came for the Liturgy of Presanctified Gifts on March 15.
· It is important to pray for the suffering Serbian People in Kosovo and Metohija.
· It is important to be mindful of the destruction and damage done to churches and monasteries in Kovovo and Metohija.
· It is important to be mindful of the fire at Hilandar Monastery on Mt. Athos.
· The Fast continues until the Divine Liturgy on Pascha. Please honor it.
· The next service at the Mission will be on Great and Holy Friday morning at 9:30 AM.
· Let us pray for the soul of +Mildred Seja Woatich departed this life on March 24.
· Let us remember the servant of God Matthew serving in the military forces and all men and women serving in areas of danger.
· Let us remember Pearl Zivkovich recovering from recent hospitalization.
· Let us continually be mindful of the sufferings of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and attend as many services as possible during Holy Week.
· Let us be thankful to God for the continued existence of the Mission.
· We help the Mission the most by being faithful Orthodox Christians each day.
· Regardless of our location each day, we can pray: "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner."
· Believers beyond the borders of West Virginia often inquire about the Mission and have an interest in the progress of Mission.
· Thank God for the faithful believers attending services and supporting the work of the Mission.
· Let us remember the miners and others working in dangerous occupations.
· An Orthodox Christian Radio Program can be heard Sundays at 12:15 PM on WMBS, Uniontown, Pa. 590 on the AM Dial.
Abba Moses asked Abba Silvanus, 'Can a man lay a new foundation every day? The old man said, 'If he works hard, he can lay a new foundation at every moment.'