Bulletin 69 - April 25/May 8, 2004
April 25/May 8, 2004
St. Mark the Apostle
Who when they had come down, prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit.
· Today the Holy Orthodox Church remembers the Holy Apostle and Evangelist Mark.
Centuries of believers have benefitted from the Holy Gospel according to St. Mark.
· On May 8 the Holy Orthodox Church will remember the Burning of the Relics of St. Sava.
· On May 12 the Holy Orthodox Church will remember St. Basil of Ostrog.
· On May 19 the Holy Orthodox Church will remember the Transfer of the Relics of St. Sava.
· On May 20 the Holy Orthodox Church will celebrate the Feast of Ascension.
· Let us remember the men and women who are ill, in nursing or care homes, rehab,
jail or prison or hospitals and treatment centers.
· Divine Liturgy is scheduled May 21 - St. John the Apostle and Theologian.
· Let us remember the men and women serving in the military and their families.
· Let us remember the suffering Serbian People in Kosovo.
· Applications are available for Shadeland Camp. Counsellors and volunteers are needed.
· An Orthodox Christian Radio Program can be heard Sundays at 12:15 PM on WMBS, Uniontown, Pa. 590 on the AM Dial.
The abbot Ammonas said that he had spent fourteen years in Scete, entreating the Lord day and night, that He would give him power to master anger.