Bulletin 71 - May 8/May 21, 2004
May 8/May 21, 2004
Holy Apostle and Evangelist John/St. Aresenius the Great
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
· Three people attended the Divine Liturgy on May 10.
· The celebration of the Feast of the Ascension continues until May 28.
· Pay careful attention to the saints remembered on the calendar each day.
· Honor the fasts on Wednesdays and Fridays.
· The Mission benefits when parishioners are faithful to Christ each day.
· Remember the suffering Serbian People in Kosovo and Metohija.
· Remember the men and women serving in the military and their families.
· Remember the homebound, those in hospitals, care homes, those incarcerated or in mental health facilities and those in rehab centers.
· Remember those working in dangerous occupations including miners.
· Let us give thanks to God for the many blessings the Mission has received.
· The Feast of Pentecost will be celebrated on May 30.
· The Mission Slava will be celebrated during the time of Pentecost.
· Applications are available for Shadeland Camp.
· Counsellors and volunteers are needed for Shadeland Camp.
· Diocesan Days will be held at Shadeland the weekend of August 7-8.
· An Orthodox Christian Radio Program can be heard Sundays at 12:15 PM on WMBS, Uniontown, Pa. 590 on the AM Dial.
Abba Serapion said, 'When the soldiers of the emperor are standing at attention, they cannot look to the right or to the left; it is the same for the man who stands before God and looks toward him in fear at all times; he cannot then fear anything from the enemy.'