Bulletin 73 - June 9/June 22, 2004
June 9/June 22, 2004
St. Cyril of Alexandria
And immediately, coming up from the water, He saw the heavens parting and the Spirit descending upon Him like a dove.
· Ten people came to Divine Liturgy with Blessing of the Slavski Kolach and Kolijvo on June 5 for the Mission Slava. Dr. Charles Paroda was the honored Kum.
· August 7-8 are Diocesan Days at Shadeland, a special initiative to increase the knowledge and growth of the faithful of the Diocese.
· Shadeland Camp starts soon. Applications are available on the Diocese website.
· Monastery Marcha Slava is July 31.
· Honor the Apostles Fast taking place at this time and continuing until July 12.
· Pray for the men and women serving in the military and their families.
· Pray for peace in the world.
· Remember the suffering Serbian People in Kosovo and Metohija.
· Increase your knowledge. Read a book about the Holy Orthodox Church.
· The best way to help the Mission is to live the Orthodox life each day.
· Let us thank God and Wayne Kirby for the new roof on the building at the Mission.
· Remember the faithful in nursing homes, care homes, hospitals, homebound, sick or suffering.
· Remember the men and women working in dangerous occupations.
· Thank you to the faithful supporters of the Mission.
· An Orthodox Christian Radio Program can be heard Sundays at 12:15 PM on WMBS, Uniontown, Pa. 590 on the AM Dial.
A man ought always to have a contrite and a humble heart. And this can he accomplish, who looks ever on his owns sins and not on his neighbor's, by the succouring grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, who with God the Father and the Holy Ghost liveth and reigneth world without end. Amen.