Bulletin 77 - August 13/August 26, 2004
August 13/August 26, 2004
Leave-taking of Transfiguration
God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.
· Eleven people attended the Divine Liturgy on August 14.
· The Dormition Fast continues until the Feast on August 28.
· The St. Nikodim Chapel Slava will be on September 18. The Vigil Service will be held on September 17. All parishioners able are encouraged to attend at the Diocesan Center in Mars, Pa.
· The St. George Kolo Slava and the Federation of Kolo Slavas of the Eastern Diocese will be celebrated on Saturday, August 28 with the Hierarchical Divine Liturgy, blessing of Kolach and Koljivo and dinner.
· The Holy Trinity Mission continues to be blessed by God.
· Let us remember those working in the mines and other dangerous occupations.
· Let us remember those serving in the military and their families.
· Let us remember those in care homes, hospitals, rehab centers, jails and prisons.
· Let us remember the suffering people in Kosovo and Metohija.
· Let us give thanks to God for the daily blessings received.
· Let us give thanks to God for Holy Trinity Mission.
· Let us honor the Wednesday and Fridays we are called to fast.
· Let us take time to read the Holy Bible in our homes on a daily basis.
· Let us take time each day to pray with concentration.
· An Orthodox Christian Radio Program can be heard Sundays at 12:15 PM on WMBS, Uniontown, Pa. 590 on the AM Dial.
A brother asked the abbot Arsenius, that he might hear some word from him. And the old man said to him, "Whatever power thou hast, strive that the life which within thee may be according to God, and may conquer the passions of the outer man." He said again, "If we seek God, He will appear to us: and if we hold Him, He will stay with us."