Bulletin 78 - August 29/September ll, 2004
August 29/September ll, 2004
Beheading of St. John the Baptist
For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
· Six people attended Divine Liturgy on August 26, 2004.
· The St. Nikodim Chapel Slava at the Episcopal Headquarters in Mars, Pennsylvania will be celebrated on Friday September 17 with Vespers at 6:00 PM and Hierarchical Divine Liturgy at 10:00 AM Saturday September 18, 2004. Faithful from throughout the Diocese are invited.
· Support Shadeland Camp by attending the Gala "Evening for Shadeland" on October 16, 2004 at the Serbian American Cultural Center in Weirton, W.Va.
· Remember the children and adult victims recently killed in the school in Russia and their families.
· Remember those who died in the terrorist attack on America on September ll, 2001 and their families.
· Remember those serving in the military and their families.
· Remember the suffering Serbian People in Kosovo and Metohijia.
· May God grant comfort to Niko and Rose Illich and their family. Rose's mother Marguerite Matthews departed this life this past week.
· Remember those working in dangerous jobs, miners, police, prison guards.
· Remember those working in hospitals, care homes, and rehab centers.
· An Orthodox Christian Radio Program can be heard Sundays at 12:15 PM or 6:20 PM on WMBS, Uniontown, Pa. 590 on the AM Dial.
He (Nilus) also said "Prayer is the seed of gentleness and and the absence of anger."