Bulletin 80 - September 19/October 2, 2004
September 19/October 2, 2004
Saturday after the Cross
Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
· Six people came for Divine Liturgy on September 21, 2004, the Feast of the Nativity of the Mother of God.
· The Holy Orthodox Church, liturgically, is in the time of the Feast of the Exaltation of the Precious and Life-giving Cross.
· Reservations must now be made for the "Evening in Shadeland" to be held at the Serbian Cultural Center in Weirton, West Virginia on October 16, 2004.
· Let us pray for the people recovering from the recent floods. Two Orthodox Churched in Carnegie, Pennsylvania were affected.
· Let us remember those serving in the military and their families.
· Let us clearly conscious of the continued loss of lives and injuries being caused by the current war in Iraq.
· Let us be mindful of the suffering Serbian People in Kosovo.
· Pray for the miners and those working in dangerous occupations.
· Keep the fasts of the Church on Wednesdays, Fridays and other days as the Church as us to do.
· The Mission benefits when parishioners keep the fast days.
· The Mission benefits when parishioners read their Bibles daily and take time to pray seriously each day.
· God has been good to this Mission. Let us thank God each day for His blessings.
· An Orthodox Christian Radio Program can be heard Sundays at 12:15 PM or 6:20 PM on WMBS, Uniontown, Pa. 590 on the AM Dial.
He (Hyperechius) also said, 'Let your thoughts ever be in the kingdom of heaven and soon you will possess it as an heritage.