Bulletin 90 - March 6/March 19, 2005
March 6/March 19, 2005
Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God, who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter, but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
· Eight people attended Divine Liturgy on March 5, 2005.
· Today is a special day in the Holy Trinity Mission. Three baptisms are scheduled. We rejoice for Scott, Crystal and Michael and their parents Troy and Ann and grandfather Mike. We rejoice for the Kumovi.
· We thank God for friends of the Mission.
· This is a special time in the life of Dr. Charles, Sharren, and Ann Paroda.
· The Pittsburgh area Orthodox Churches will gather this evening at Holy Trinity Serbian Orthodox Cathedral for Vespers in celebration of the Sunday of Orthodoxy.
· Great Lent has begun. Honor the Fast until the Divine Liturgy on Pascha, May l.
· Orthodoxy is a way of life to be lived each day.
· Let us remember that just one short year ago many Serbian Orthodox Churches and Monasteries were destroyed in Kosovo and many Serbian Orthodox Christians were driven from their homes. Believers were killed, injured and subjected to attacks.
· Let us remember the men and women serving in the military and their families.
· Great Lent is a time to repent, to be forgiving in relationships with others.
· Great Lent is a time to care for the soul.
· Great Lent is a time to exhibit the love of Christ.
· Let us remember the sick, the suffering, the homebound, those in care homes, hospitals, rehab centers, jails and prisons.
· An Orthodox Christian Radio Program can be heard Sundays at 12:15 PM on WMBS, Uniontown, Pa. 590 on the AM Dial.
Abba Mius of Belos said, 'Obedience responds to obedience. When someone obeys God, God obeys his request.'