Bulletin 91 - March 20/April 2, 2005
March 20/April 2, 2005
Martyrs of St. Sabbas Monastery
But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
· The Mission had the first Baptism, three of them, at the service on March 19. Scott, Crystal and Michael are the new Orthodox Christians at the Mission.
· Nine people came to the Divine Liturgy on March 19. One communicant.
· The Mission is blessed to have friends like Russell Hardaway and Denny Denoon.
· Let us remember the men and women in the military and their families.
· Let us remember the miners and their families.
· Let us remember the suffering Serbian People in Kosovo and Metohija.
· It is time to think about Shadeland Camp. Applications are available for volunteers, for staff and for campers. See Father Rodney if interested.
· Honor the fast until the Divine Liturgy of Pascha.
· Increase Church attendance during Great Lent.
· Increase prayer, fasting and almsgiving during Great Lent.
· Become familiar with the saints and the Scripture readings of the Church for each day.
· Become familiar with the feasts of the Church through the year.
· Make it a family practice to observe the fasts in your home.
· Do you celebrate your family patronal feast, the Krsna Slava?
· An Orthodox Christian Radio Program can be heard Sundays at 12:15 PM or 6:20 PM on WMBS, Uniontown, Pa. 590 on the AM Dial.
An old man said, "The prophets wrote books: then after them came our fathers, and wrought much upon them, and again their successors committed them to memory. But then came the generation that now is, and wrote them upon papyrus and parchments, and laid them idle in the windows.