Bulletin 94 - May 15 / May 28, 2005
May 15 / May 28, 2005
St. Pachomius the Great
Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
· Eight people attended the Divine Liturgy on May 21, 2005
· The Mission Slava will be celebrated on June 20, the Second Day of Pentecost
· Let us remember the men and women serving and having served in the military. Let us remember their families.
· Let us remember the miners and others working and having worked in dangerous occupations.
· Let us remember the sick, the suffering, the imprisoned, those in hospitals, care homes and rehab centers. Let us remember their caretakers and the staffs.
· The St. George Serbian Orthodox Church of Carmichaels has a weekly radio program that can be heard on the Mission's website.
· Consider a trip to Shadeland this summer. St. Sava Camp at Shadeland is located very near where Anna Yaremchuh once lived.
· Diocese Days will be held at Shadeland the first Saturday and Sunday of August. This will be the second year for Diocese Days. Abbot Gerasim and Father Damascene are coming from St. Herman of Alaska Brotherhood in California to speak. Anatoli Peredera visited the monastery recently and told us briefly about the visit. Also Peter Gilquest, the Orthodox musician and seminarian will be speaking and holding a concert as part of Diocese Days.
· The best way to help the Mission is to lead an Orthodox Christian life each day.
· Stewardship is being given considerable attention in the Serbian Orthodox Church on this continent.
· Let us attend every possible Divine service that is held at the Mission.
· Let us remember the suffering Serbian People in Kosovo and Metohijia.
He (Theodore of Pherme) also said, 'In these days many take their rest before God gives it to them.