Bulletin 97 - June 30 / July 13, 2005
June 30 / July 13, 2005
Synaxis of the 12 Apostles
Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me.
· Seven people came for Divine Liturgy on July 2. One communicant.
· A parishioner was visited at the hospital in Grafton July 2.
· Wayne Kirby is doing some renovations on the building that will effect the church for the balance of July.
· The St. George radio broadcast is available throughout the week on the internet including programs broadcast during the past six months.
· Diocese Days will be held at Shadeland on August 6-7. Area churches are to be closed. A full schedule of speakers, services and activities will benefit believers making the journey to Shadeland.
· Read your Bible for the benefit of your soul.
· Honor the fast days listed on the calendar.
· Remember the sick, the suffering, the imprisoned, those who are homebound, in care homes, hospitals and rehab centers.
· Remember the men and women serving in the military and their familes.
· The best way to help the Mission is to lead an Orthodox Christian life each day.
· The Slava for Monastery Marcha will be on July 22-23. Consider a trip to Monastery Marcha.
· Thank God for the many blessings bestowed upon the Mission.
A brother questioned Abba Poemen, 'What ought I to do about all the turmoils that trouble me?' The old man said to him, 'In all your afflictions let us weep in the presence of the goodness of God, until he shows mercy on us.'