Bulletin 101 - November 20/December 3, 2005
November 20/December 3, 2005
Forefeast of the Theotokos
By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit which confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit which does not confess Jesus is not of God.
· Thank God we are able to serve in the church today.
· Thank God for the improvements made in the church.
· When the renovations are completed, the church will be a fine worship site.
· Thank God to Sharren Paroda for the work she did on the bake sale and for the help that Mike Danko provided.
· Thanks to Wayne and Joyce Kirby for making the improvements to the church.
· Thanks to the faithful of Holy Trinity Mission for being patient as the renovations take place.
· Let us be mindful of the miners who lost their lives early last century in Monongah on December 6, 1907 and more recently on December 6, 1962 in Robena Mine.
· Let us be mindful of the suffering Serbian People in Kosovo and Metohija.
· Let us pray for the sick, the hospitalized, those in care homes and rehab centers.
· Let us remember the men and women serving in the military and their families.
· Let us thank God for the celebration of this Divine Liturgy.
· The best way to help the Holy Trinity Mission is to live an Orthodox life each day.
· Today is the Forefeast of the Entry of the Mother of God into the Temple.
· Tomorrow is the Feast of the Entry of the Mother of God into the Temple.
· We are in the midst of the Nativity Fast. Honor the Fast until the Feast in January 7.
· The St.George Church radio program is available on the parish website throughout the week.
· Standing is the proper position for believers during the Divine Liturgy. Sitting is appropriate only for those who cannot stand
A certain brother asked the abbot Poemen, saying, 'What am I to do, Father, for I am troubled by sadness?' The old man said to him, "Look to no man for aught, condemn no man, disparage no man: and God shall give thee rest."