Bulletin 105 - January 8/January 21, 2006
January 8/January 21, 2006
St. Gregory of Ohrid / St. George Chozebite
I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mighter than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry; he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.
· God continues to bless the Holy Trinity Mission.
· The regularity of services is important.
· The next service is tentatively scheduled for February 4.
· When the next service is held, time will be taken to pay tribute to St. Sava as has been done each year at the Mission.
· On Friday January 27, St. Sava will be celebrated in Orthodox Churches.
· This week, once again, the danger of being a coal miner was brought to the public's attention.
· Let us remember the men and women serving in the military and their families.
· Let us remember the sick, the suffering, the imprisoned, those in care homes and rehab centers, their families and the staff members serving in the facilities.
· Let us remember the men and women working in dangerous occupations...miners, police, correctional officers, parole agents.
· Remember the suffering Serbian People in Kosovo.
· Live each day as an Orthodox Christian.
· Read your Bible for the benefit of your soul.
· The Mission is best helped when each believer lives daily life as an Orthodox Christian.
· Thank God for the blessings granted to the Mission.
A certain brother asked the abbot Pimenion saying, "What is faith? " and the old man said, "To live ever in loving kindness and in humbleness, and to do good to one's neighbor."