Bulletin 106 - January 29 / Feburary 11, 2006
January 29 / Feburary 11, 2006
Transfer of the Relics of Hieromartyr Ignatius the Godbearer
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
· Three people came for Divine Liturgy on January 21, 2006. Following the Divine Liturgy, the believers in attendance went to the Monongahela River in Fairmont for the blessing of the river as this was the time of Theophany. Scripture selections from the services of Theophany were read and an ice Cross was placed in the river.
· Dave Spray continues to maintain an interest in the Mission even while being far distant.
· Thank God Mary Trbovich is recovering to a degree from the accident she experienced when enroute to the Divine Liturgy at the Mission.
· It was good to Ludwig Miscovich visit the Mission.
· Let us remember the men and women serving in the military and their families.
· Let us remember the sick, the suffering, the imprisoned, those in care homes and rehab centers, their families and the staff members serving in the facilities.
· Let us remember the men and women working in dangerous occupations...miners, police, correctional officers, parole agents.
· Remember the suffering Serbian People in Kosovo.
· Read your Bible for the benefit of your soul.
· The Mission is best helped when each believer lives daily life as an Orthodox Christian.
· Thank God for the blessings granted to the Mission.
· Keep in mind the Church is moving towards Great Lent which begins March 6.
They said of abbot Arsenius that when he was in the palace none wore finer garments than he: and when he was in holy living, none was so poorly clad.