Bulletin 108 - February 19 / March 4, 2006
February 19 / March 4, 2006
Holy Apostles Archippus and Philemon and Holy Martyr Apphia
"There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling: one Lord, one faith, one baptism."
· Five people came for Divine Liturgy on February 18, 2006.
· "Thank you" to Amy for preparing rice for the Mission each time she brings Anna Yaremchuk to the Divine Liturgy.
· Thank God for the faithful parishioners and friends of the Mission.
· Great Lent begins on March 6. Sunday March 5 is the last day for dairy products to be eaten until after the Divine Liturgy on Pascha. We are also to abstain from meat.
· Pearl Zivkovich sends her greetings to the faithful of the Mission.
· We always remember Ann Paroda in the prayers at the Mission.
· Pray for miners and others working in dangerous occupations.
· Pray for the men and women in the military and their families.
· Pray for the sick, the suffering, the imprisoned, those in rehab and care homes and the staffs of the facilities.
· Pray for the suffering Serbian People in Kosovo and Metohija.
· Honor Great Lent with serious prayer, fasting and almsgiving.
· Read your Bible for the benefit of your soul.
· Listen to the St. George Church radio program on the parish website.
· Regularly check the Diocesan Website for news.
· Following the Divine Liturgy on February 18, Anna Yaremchuk greeted the faithful in attendance. Dr. Anatoli Peredera, Mike Danko, Scott and Crystal Tenant read tributes to St. Sava.
· Pray for the State of West Virginia to develop in a way pleasing to God.
· Pray for the growth of Orthodox Christianity in West Virginia.
When Abba Romanus was at the point of near death, his disciples gathered around him and said, 'How ought we to conduct ourselves?' The old man said to them, 'I do not think I have ever told one of you to do something, without having first made the decision not to get angry, if what I said were not done; and so we have lived in peace all our days.'