Bulletin 133 - June 17 / 30, 2007
June 17 / 30, 2007
Holy Martyrs Manuel, Sabel and Ismael
And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him"
· Fourteen people came for the Vespers on the Eve of Pentecost, May 26 and the Mission Slava was celebrated. Gojko and Anka Arbutina were the honored Kumovi.
· Eleven people came on June 22 for the first Divine Liturgy in the Chapel. Two communicants.
· Thank you to Wayne Kirby for completing the renovation of the Chapel and welcoming the return of services.
· Thank you to the faithful of the Mission and friends of the Mission for being patient during the extended renovation period.
· Almost two years passed since the use of the Chapel. The YWCA in Fairmont served as the interim site for services with the exception of the one service held in the local park. Bob, the contact man at the YWCA is a Christian and was very cooperative in making a room available. Bob's gets a wake up call each morning which says: "Jesus is coming soon!!"
· The Apostles' Fast continues until the Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul on July 12.
· Shadeland Camp begins on July 15 and continues until Diocese Days on August 4-5.
· Remember the miners, law enforcement personnel, corrections and parole officers and others in dangerous jobs.
· Remember the men and women in the military and their families.
· Remember the sick, the suffering, the imprisoned, those in rehab centers, the homebound, the caretakers and the staffs.
· Remember the suffering Serbian People in Kosovo and Metohija.
He (John the Persian) also said, "If you desire salvation, do everything that leads to it."