Bulletin 150 - June 15 / June 28, 2008
June 15 / June 28, 2008
So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any incentive of love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind.
· Seven people came for Divine Liturgy on May 24, 2008.
· Thirty people came for the Slava on June 16, 2008. Scott Tennant and Chrystal Griffith were honored Kum and Kuma. His Grace Bishop Dr.MITROPHAN came for the Slava accompanied by Father Deacon Dragoslav Kosic from the Diocesan Headquarters.
· The Apostles Fast continues until July 12, the Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul.
· Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) volunteers are needed in Harrison Support every child's right to a safe and permanent home, Contact Vesna Meinert, Volunteer Coordinator for the Harrison County CASA Program at 304-623-5749.
· Shadeland applications are available for the second week of camp.
· All churches will be closed for August 3, Diocese Day will be held at Shadeland.
· Thank you to all coming for the Slava and helping with the Slava.
· Let us remember the men and women in the military and their families.
· Let us remember the sick, the suffering, the imprisoned, those in care homes, hospitals, rehab centers and the staffs and caretakers.
· Let us remember the suffering Serbian People in Kosovo and Metohija.
· Contributions are being accepted for the Suffering Serbian People in Kosovo and will be forwarded to the Diocesan Relief Fund.
· Continue to support the Mission by coming to services as often as possible.
· Remember the men and women working in dangerous occupations including those in the mines and criminal justice agencies, the police, correctional officers and parole agents
· Congratulations to Dennis and Sandy Elliot, their daughter recently graduated high school.
· Pray for the monks of St. Herman of Alaska Brotherhood in Platina, California and for the nuns of St. Xenia Skete and for all threatened by wildfires in California.
The souls of the righteous are in the hand of God and no torment will ever touch them.
For Those in Kosovo and Metohija
We pray for Brothers and Sisters in Kosovo and Metohijia
We pray with great fervor for their protection and security.
We pray God will grant them to live long and peaceful lives.
We pray our Serbian Churches and Monasteries will flourish.
We pray God will bring to justice those committing terror.
We pray peace will reign where fire and bullets penetrated.
We pray the saints and martyrs of Kosovo will intercede.
pray the Crucified Christ will look down from the Cross.
We pray for the care shown the Mother of God at the Cross.
We pray for protection afforded the Israelites at the Red Sea.
We pray for the intercession given to Elijah on Mt. Carmel.
We pray for the relief given to Abraham sacrificing Isaac.
We pray in unity with Orthodox in Kosovo and Metohijia.
We pray for the monks and nuns going forward in faith.
We pray for the fathers and mothers, sons and daughters.
We pray for Children of St. Sava, descendents of St.Lazar.
We pray for the healing intervention of St.Stefan of Decani.
We pray for the resoluteness of the young Deacon Avacuum.
We pray all Orthodox Christians will unite in this effort.
We pray the Lord God will give ear unto these prayers.
We pray that blood will cease to flow and injuries will heal.
We pray Kosovo and Metohijia will return to original beauty.
We pray for the heartfelt sounds of church chants and bells.
We pray for guns to fall silent and enemies to depart.
We pray for mercy and justice, kindness and God's love.
We pray for imminent peace that passes all understanding.
We pray for the light of the Resurrected Christ to shine forth.
We pray for the joy of the Resurrection to bring us together.
We pray for the Holy Spirit to bind us as Children of God.