Holy Trinity Serbian Orthodox Mission
Bulletin 300 - October 9 / 22, 2016
The Orthodox Mission
- Chronicle of the Holy Trinity Serbian Orthodox Mission
- 408 Morgantown Avenue
- Fairmont, West Virginia 26544
- Phone 304-622-3681
- Diocesan Bishop - His Grace Bishop IRINEJ
- Aministrator - Fr. Rodney Torbic
- Bulletin No. 300
- October 9 / 22, 2016
- St. James, Apostle. St. Stefan of Serbia (The Blind)
I Peter 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit
unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a
pure heart fervently:
Seven people attended Divine Liturgy on October 8. One communicant.
Seven people came for Vespers on October 12. Five people came for class.
Six people came for Vespers and class on October 19.
Vespers and class are scheduled for October 26 at 6:30 PM.
The next Divine Liturgy is scheduled for November 5 at 10:00 AM.
Support Marion County CASA where Vesna Prodanovich Meinert
is Director providing important help to children in need.
Honor Wednesdays and Fridays as fast days.
Celebrate you family patronal feast/saint day each year(Slava)
Pray for the miners and steel workers losing their jobs at a high rate.
Pray for their families. Pray for all workers having their jobs,
pensions and benefits threatened.
Thank you for contributing food goods for the needy in Fairmont.
If you want your house blessed, ask the priest.
If you want your marriage blessed in the Orthodox Church, ask the priest
Remember and appreciate the workers in mines, law-enforcement, corrections,
probation and parole and firefighters, all working in dangerous occupations.
Remember and appreciate the men and women serving in the military
and their families.
Remember the sick, the suffering, the imprisoned, those in rehab centers,
the homebound, and the mentally ill. Appreciate their caretakers and the
If you have a question about the services or teachings of the Church
ask the priest.
October 27 - St. Petka. Divine Liturgy at St. George Church at 8:00 AM.
October 30 - St. George Church Parish Anniversary celebration
October 31 - St. Luke. St.Peter of Cetinje.
November 1 - Prophet Joel, Ven. Prohor of Pcinja; Ven. Jovan of Rila
November 5 - St. James the Apostle, First Bishop of Jerusalem .Memorial Saturday.
November 8 - St. Demetrius the Greatmartyr.
November 10 - St. Arsenius of Srem, Archbishop of Serbia.
November 12 - Sts. King Milutin, Teoktist and Mother Jelena, Con. Varnava of Hvosno.
If you are Too Busy to Pray, You are Too Busy!
* Marriage requires the most careful of considerations.
* Marriage involves more than the remaining days of life.
* Marriage entails sacrifice, love and constant forgiveness.
* Marriage includes an expectation of mutual growth in Christ.
* Marriage has no room for personal selfishness above the needs of the other.
* Marriage offers the hope of coming together in unity with Christ.
* Marriage raises understanding of possibilities for life.
* Marriage changes the way individuals see each other and others.
* Marriage in the Church makes a difference in personal identities.
* Marriage in the Church brings with it behavioral responsibilities.
* Marriage is much more than some legal contract between individuals.
* Marriage is best understood in the context of the Church.
* Marriage in the Church considers the religious identities of the couple.
* Marriage in the Church assesses the ages of the man and woman.
* Marriage defined by the government may not be the Church’s definition.
* Marriage as understood by the Church needs defended and protected.
* Marriage is best honored by believers living faithful to Christ each day.
* Marriage can survive and grow when Christ guides the couple.
* Marriage may change for the better when a couple returns to church.
* Marriage is a positive goal for men and women seeking to be together.
* Marriage is not the ideal goal for every Christian man or woman.
* Marriage may not be the chosen Christian path for certain believers.
* Marriage will include changes in daily life with the passage of time.
* Marriage motivates devoted individuals to do extraordinary things.
* Marriage in the Church adds immeasurable support to the couple.
* Marriage in the Church is the solid foundation for the couple.
* Marriage causes individuals to give great thought about their relationships.
* Marriage is not to be undertaken lightly or hastily by believers.
* Marriage can be long lasting and extraordinarily rewarding for couples.
Father Rodney Torbic
Holy Trinity Serbian Orthodox Mission, Fairmont, West Virginia.
October 9 / 22, 2016
Back to Holy Trinity Serbian Orthodox Mission, Fairmont, WV -